Healing Stories by Robert W. Alcorn, M.D.
Healing Stories – My Journey from Mainstream Psychiatry Toward Spiritual Healing presents a holistic view of psychiatric intervention based on the following principles:
- The medical model of the human being is insufficient. Despite advances in modern physics, the medical model is still based on obsolete science.
- Altered states of consciousness are important in reaching the inner resources for healing that lie within the patient .
- All things in life are alive and have their own type of consciousness, the animals, the plants, the rocks, even the organs and cells within our bodies.
- Consciousness exists independently of the body and has a primary role in the growth and development of the body and in its healing processes.
- The healer can help the patient best by showing the patient how to access his/her own inner resources.
- The role of the healer and his/her relationship to the patient is a sacred trust requiring impeccable behavior and a profound degree of objectivity, courage and faith.
- The patient’s role is to accept the challenge of growing into a whole person, responsible for his/her own life and spiritual direction.
“Bob Alcorn is one of those too-few pioneer physicians who have the courage to be open to the new medicine, the new understanding and new treatment of disorder, called energy medicine. He is a good bridge between this new understanding and the foundation built upon the classical, dynamic view. He writes with courage and finesse and truth. This is an important book for everyone to read and, most especially, physicians. I heartily endorse it and the author.”
Maurie D. Pressman, M.D., Emeritus Chairman of Psychiatry
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia PA
Emeritus Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia PA
This book can be purchased for $20, plus $3.99 each for shipping and handling* (US only, international customers, see below), from the author. Click on the Paypal link below. Indicate if you would like the book to be signed, addressed to you or to someone for whom it is a gift.
* For customers who wish to have the book shipped outside of the USA, please email me directly at email@example.com, as the cost for the book plus shipping will be higher.
If you are not comfortable using Paypal, you can send your check,
shipping address and signing instructions to:
Robert W. Alcorn, M.D. at 1817 State Route 83, Unit 513, Millersburg, OH 44654.
The book will be shipped usually within one or two days via USPS, unless I am traveling, away at a conference, etc.